Agent & Manager Insider Secrets Audio & Workbook
Everything You Need to Know + How to Get One
Whether you are a director, writer, actor or crew person, this audio is for you! It’s chock full of entertainment industry secrets that will enable you to navigate the murky waters of what agents and managers want, how to think like them, and how to get the best one for you!
An agent gets 10%, you get 90%, the saying goes. So, you need to do 90% of the business of your career. Ever wonder what that 90% is exactly?
We address exactly that question in this audio. Because, for you to be ready for a great agent or manager, you must be terrific at the 90% of your career.
When we go to the movies, we want there to be a good ending. We demand it. Yet, most of the time when we approach agents and managers, we do so with little understanding of our end game. We shotgun letters out and inundate our friends with requests for introductions with little research and even less comprehension of what we need to do to be ready to sign with representation.
And, once we have an agent or manager, we are quick to blame them when things don’t move quickly enough and quick to leave them.
The saddest part of all of this is that it’s a big waste of time!
In this audio you will learn the insider secrets–exactly how agents and managers think and what they are looking for–that will empower you throughout the rest of your career. And you’ll learn how to target the right ones for you, approach them, follow-up and get them excited to work with you!
I’m joined by experienced literary manager Rhonda Bloom. Rhonda has spent her career in development for Paula Weinstein and other notable producers before forming her management company. At Plumeria Ent. she manages writers and directors including Kelly Masterson (Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead.)
With her experience and with input from several additional talent, literary and below-the-line agents, we have created this audio, workbook, and 35 Day Get An Agent Planner.
Here’s what you’ll learn from this audio & workbook…
- The current state of the business and where the jobs are– both for experienced professionals and those new to the business.
- The difference between agents and managers and how they think.
- What you need to know about yourself and what kind of actor/writer/director/composer/costume designer/etc. you are in order to be ready for representation
- What you need for your agent/manager to take you out into the marketplace.
- What goals are smart to have and where you can actually get work as an emerging industry professional.
- How to get an agent or manager and how not to get one–step by step.
- How to make contests work for you.
- The pros and cons of pitchfests and showcases and how to make them work for you.
- When you have representation: what your reps can actually sell and how to make your relationship a win/win.
- The 90/10 equation and the 90% that you need to do for your career even when you have representation.
Here’s what you’ll get!
- Unlimited access to an audio course chock full of all the above tools and more that you can listen to as many times as you want for 45 days.
- A transcript of the class for you to download and add to your library.
- A workbook download featuring worksheets, sample letters, sample emails, sample follow-up call scripts, and more.
- The 35 Day Get An Agent Planner complete with instructions for you to follow to calendar your actions and, in 5 weeks, get an agent!
Get all of this for only $49! You’ll be able to learn all the secrets of getting and having a great relationship with an agent and/or manager in the comfort of your own home.
Here’s to your long and fruitful agent and manager relationships!
Love and Success,
Shawn & Rhonda